Haiku in EFL Classes
Date: Sunday, October 19th, 2008 Time: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Speaker: Howard Brown
This will be the first meeting of the newly reformed JALT Niigata chapter. We will spend some time getting to know each other and filling people in on chapter news. Then Howard Brown will lead a workshop on the uses of haiku in EFL classes, including a look at some research he did into how writing haiku helps students' pronunciation. After the workshop, participants are invited for an Italian buffet lunch.
Organization: Niigata Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Niigata JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Assembly Room (2F) of EIR Manshon, less than 10 min walk from Niigata Station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Niigata JALT
Email QR Code: