Investigating Communication Strategy Use in an Immersion Setting
Date: Saturday, December 13th, 2008 Time: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Jason Williams
How should university EFL instructors go about selecting which communication strategies (CS) to teach and practice in the limited amount of class time they have? This presentation will examine CS use among learners in a Korean-language immersion program in Japan. Data will be analyzed to determine which CS these learners use most frequently. This can then serve as a guide when selecting CS for classroom instruction.
Following the presentation we will hold our annual bonnenkai party. Please join with us to celebrate the end of the year among friends.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sankaku A Bldg. 2F near Omotecho in Okayama City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: