Teaching writing to multileveled college students
Date: Saturday, December 13th, 2008 Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Kumiko Miyamoto
Deciding the appropriate difficulty level for classes is very challenging. In my classes some students are bored because the content is too easy, yet for others it is quite difficult. I want all students to have a sense of satisfaction and achievement, even though their levels are so different. Teaching writing has great possibilities for managing these classes. I will discuss why I teach writing to these mixed ability classes and how I do it.
This presentation is followed by a second one. The cost includes both.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sankaku A Bldg. 2F near Omotecho in Okayama City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: