Zen and the Art of Statistics
Date: Saturday, December 13th, 2008 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Greg Sholdt
What is the true meaning of the mean? During this unique and fun workshop designed for those who don't like numbers, the presenter will guide participants in an exploration of statistical concepts and reasoning. The primary goal is to deepen participants' understanding of statistics and demonstrate techniques for self-study. During the workshop, participants will solve quantitative riddles that are loosely modeled after Zen koans and carefully designed to lead participants to higher levels of quantitative clarity.
The presentation will be followed by a bonenkai, all are welcome to join!
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Venue: Kobe YMCA (2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe. tel: 078-241-7204)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: