An Afternoon with Linda Ohama
Date: Saturday, November 29th, 2008 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:40 PM
Speaker: Linda Ohama
Sansei Nikkei film director Linda Ohama will share her insights on the Japanese Canadian experience, working in Japan, and the importance of storytelling. Since 1991 beginning with her first feature film "The Last Harvest", she has produced 7 full-length features and scores of short films. Her latest film "Obachan's Garden" has received international acclaim and earned her numerous awards including audience choice awards at the Vancouver and Newport Beach film festivals and a silver medal at the Turin, Italy film festival. Her visual artwork "Watari Dori (A Bird of Passage) " became a symbol of the historic Redress for Japanese Canadians campaign, which eventually led to redress and a formal Government of Canada apology in 1988. Ms. Ohama now serves on the board of directors for the Canadian National Nikkei Heritage Cultural Society. Linda Ohama is currently visiting Japan for her new film project focused on the people of Onomichi, you can learn more about her and her work by visiting her website at www.lindaohama.com or the JALT Hamamatsu chapter website at www.hamajalt.org. Don't miss this wonderful opportunity!
Organization: Hamamatsu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hamamatsu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members:
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Hamamatsu Multicultural Center (HICE) Seminar Room A (South of JR Hamamatsu Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hamamatsu JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 053-460-7956
Mobile phone: 090-9891-4844