English Teaching Workshop:
Online Workshop Series 2
Date: Thursday, November 27th, 2008 Time: 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Facilitated by Yuco Kikuchi
This is the first part of two workshops on teaching reading to children. This November workshop will focus on phonemic awareness, recognizing English sounds, noticing the sound and letter connections, and gradually guiding children to read words. The January '09 workshop will focus on leading children to read picture books and graded readers.
In November, workshop participants will first share their concerns or challenges, and then experience hands-on activities. The topic of the month is Christmas. Tips and fun activities for year-end parties and teacher made materials will be also shared. The workshop will be live-streamed, which enables participants join the workshop via their computer.
Registration: Yuco Kikuchi firstname.lastname@example.org
Live-streaming Inquiry: Masami Kikuchi email@example.com
Organization: English Teaching Workshop
Cost: English Teaching Workshop Members: 2,000 yen who pre-register
Non-members: 2,500 yen for onsite registration, nonmembers and online participation
Venue: Chiyoda Building 1F, Tokyo (7 min. from Ichigaya stations on JR and Subway)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact English Teaching Workshop
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 043-251-0027