English Teaching Workshop:
Online Workshop Series 2
Date: Thursday, January 29th, 2009 Time: 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Facilitated by Yuco Kikuchi
This is the second part of two workshops on teaching children reading. This January workshop will focus on leading children to read picture books and graded readers. In this workshop, participants will first share their concerns or challenges regarding teaching reading. Then facilitator shares how chlidren in real classes became independent readers. Step by step prodedures and activities for building confidence and materials will be also shown. You can participate in this workshop from afar at your home, when you are not able to come to the venue all the way. We call this technology streaming. We always have a number of games and activities for English class for young children to share on site at the workshop venue, with many participants and a facilitator.
What you need are:
1. PC with Wiindows XP or Windows Vista.
2. Broadband circuit; either Fiberoptical cable circuit or ADSL circuit.
3. Windows Media Player (download freely from Microsoft Website).
4. Skype (an Internet phone; download freely from www.skype.com) for virtual interactivity.
5. Hopefully a headset for your better audibility.
You are welcome to share such opportunities with us on site at the venue or online streamed live over the Internet
Organization: English Teaching Workshop
Cost: English Teaching Workshop Members: 2,000 yen for members who pre-register
Non-members: 2,500 yen for onsite registration, nonmembers and online participation
Venue: Place: 1st floor, Chiyoda Building, Tokyo (7 min. from Ichigaya stations on JR or Subway)
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo Metropolis, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact English Teaching Workshop
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 070-6400-6464