English Hands Introductory Workshop: Teaching English vocabulary through American Sign Language
Date: Sunday, February 8th, 2009 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Trisha Shikahama, Aki Ikawa and Lori Ikawa
This workshop will give you an introduction to teaching English vocabulary through ASL signs (American Sign Language). Participants will be taught over 20 ASL signs and some "use tomorrow" activities to supplement your current curriculum. Past participants have found that using ASL signs to help students remember and retain English vocabulary is fun for students AND teachers. Come sign with us! For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out http//www.english-hands.org
Organization: English Hands
Cost: English Hands Members: 5000 yen
Non-members: 8000 yen
Venue: Shikahama English Adventures, 6-23-3 Shikahama, Adachi-ku Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact English Hands
Email QR Code: