Leveraging your language teaching experience in Japan for a global market
Date: Sunday, February 15th, 2009 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Randal Potter
Many of us first come to Japan as language teachers. We come for a variety of reasons, including experiencing Japan, living in a foreign country, developing teaching skills, experience, making money, developing our own language skills, etc. One of the biggest challenges to this work is that, for most of us, we have a fixed maximum contract, so at some point the job will end. The question then becomes, "What do we do next?" What do we gain from our experience, and how do we leverage the skills we develop to make our next step? The presenter will lead a discussion and provide some best practices for language teachers in the middle of contemplating this challenge. For those working with and/or employing language teachers, how can you help and mentor these individuals to make the most of their experience and prepare for the future? For complete details, including map, see the JALT Hamamatsu website: www.hamajalt.org
Organization: Hamamatsu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hamamatsu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: ZAZA City Palette (Central Bldg., 5 F), Meeting Rm. A
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hamamatsu JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 053-460-7956
Mobile phone: 090-9891-4844