Motivating Non-English majors in English Classes
Date: Saturday, April 25th, 2009 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Paul Moritoshi, Himeji Dokkyo University
This 2-hour workshop has two parts. The first hour is an opportunity to consider and discuss issues relating to motivating students in general, but particularly university students. This includes the symptoms and underlying causes of low motivation and practical solutions. The second hour outlines and exemplifies a framework for developing discipline-specific projects intended to increase motivation among non-English majors. Though this relates more to tertiary level students, it could be applied to other settings.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sankaku A Bldg. 2F near Omotecho in Okayama City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: