Japanese Culture Presentations
Date: Saturday, March 14th, 2009 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: David Pite
Learn more about Japan from your students while stimulating meaningful communication in apparently fluent English. This presentation will explain how first-year high school students are encouraged to plan, organize and present some coherent and entertaining descriptions of Japanese culture. Selected videos will be shown. After teaching ESL/EFL in Mexico, Victoria, Quebec and Greece, Dave Pite has been in Japan for many years, first with Language Resources at Kobe Steel and other companies, then various universities, culture clubs and playschools prior to joining Meiji Gakuen Junior and Senior High School.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: 3rd floor of the Kitakyushu International Conference Center (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: