ETJ East Tokyo:
Date: Sunday, April 12th, 2009 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Howard Barr, Yuco Kikuchi and Shoko Sato
13:30-14:00 1) Easter related picture books and game ideas
14:00-14:45 2) Classroom Management for mixed levels/age/abilities classes
Presenter: Howard Barr
In this workshop the presenter will list some points, highlight areas that cause problems, elicit more of these areas from the participants, suggest some activities that help to counteract the problems, following with a short Q and A session and suggest some further reading.
15:00-15:20 3) Reports from treasurer, future events announcement and other businesses
15:20-16:20 4) Songs as a tool for classroom management in young children's classes
Presenter: Yuco Kikuchi and Shoko Sato
Participants will discuss the effectiveness of songs in young learners classes. Presenters will introduce transitional songs that work well in real classes. Presenters will share other small tools that will help the flow of lesson and liven up children's active participation. Ideas for promoting children 's attendance and progress will be also shown.
Organization: ETJ East Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ East Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1,000 yen (Non-members can become members at the site with no cost)
Venue: Chiba Shimin Kaikan, (Chiba City Civic Hall) http://www.f-cp.jp/shimin/map.html 1-1 Kaname-cho, chuo-ku, Chiba-shi phone: 043-224-2431 (a 7 min. walk from Chiba station on JR or the Keisei Line)
Location: Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ East Tokyo
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 070-6400-6464