Brain Studies and Learning/Active Skills for Communication
Date: Saturday, May 16th, 2009 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Curtis Kelly
For our fourth meeting of the year, we welcome back for a third time a popular teacher at Kansai University, as well as a noted and prolific ELT materials writer and presenter. This time, he will have two parts to his session. In the first half, he discusses how "brain-compatible teaching" calls on us to develop teaching practices that focus less on language and more on how it is learned and remembered. In the second half, he will ask us to consider how we can reshape our teaching or learning in relation to these issues. He will then describe how he overcame similar problems in co-writing his latest course book. For updated information on this and other meetings, please check our websites at http://jalt.org/groups/Nagasaki and http://www.kyushuelt.com/jalt/ nagasaki.html or look for our Nagasaki JALT and Friends Facebook Group, or simply sign up for our monthly e-mail newsletter at http://www.kyushuelt.com/jalt/nagamail.php3 All welcome!
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 5F Free Space (this is the large white building next to Dejima Wharf and Nagasaki Prefectural Art Museum; take #5 streetcar to Shiminbyoinmae stop, or take #1 streetcar to Dejima
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: