Teaching Peace and Cultural Understanding in the Classroom
Date: Sunday, August 2nd, 2009 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Proposals must be sent by May 30th
The World Council for Curriculum and Instruction (WCCI-Japan) will host a mini conference for educators. All presentations will be in small groups in the form of poster sessions or mini demonstrations of teaching methods and activities. Each presentation will be 25 minutes long. Presentations can be in English, Japanese or bi-lingual. Proposals must be sent by May 30th to WCCIJapan@gmail.com. Suggested themes:
-Teaching peace in the EFL classroom
-Teaching cultural understanding to middle and high school students
-Character training (Kokoro no kyoiku)
-Songs, games and crafts for peace and cultural understanding
-Peace and cultural activities for the primary classroom
-The role of the family in developing peace-filled world citizens
-Integrating moral education in every classroom
-Using technology to teach peace and cultural understanding
-Leadership in building a community of peace: The educator's role
For details download the announcement from: web.cc.yamaguchi-u.ac.jp/~johnson/.
Organization: World Council for Curriculum and Instruction (Japan) (WCCI (Japan))
Cost: 3,000 yen
Venue: Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi City, Yoshida 1677-1
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact WCCI (Japan)
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 0836-85-9499