In search of the 'real' Johnny Depp: The co-construction of identity through an interview
Date: Sunday, July 12th, 2009 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Ian Nakamura
This workshop-lecture will highlight how celebrity interviews are organized to draw out new and interesting information. Special attention will be paid to what can be learned by examining transcript excerpts to appreciate how talk-in-interaction is a co-accomplished social activity. Ian Nakamura teaches in the Foreign Language Education at Okayama University. His research interest is Conversation Analysis (CA) for language teachers.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: Free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sankaku A Bldg. 2F near Omotecho in Okayama City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: