Teaching/Learning Principles for Oral Communication Courses
Date: Saturday, July 11th, 2009 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Kristen Sullivan
Every teacher has certain principles, be they based on theory or developed through teaching/learning experiences, which shape their classroom decisions. The presenter will introduce the teaching/learning principles she believes are crucial for oral communication courses and will discuss how they were incorporated into the oral communication textbook Impact Conversation 1 and 2 (Pearson Longman) and how she applies them in her own classes.
Kristen Sullivan is a lecturer at Shimonoseki City University where she teaches Academic English, TOEFL, Composition and Oral Communication. She is co-author of the oral communication textbook Impact Conversation published by Pearson Longman.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, Kokura, Kitakyushu
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: