Learn through ENIE (English Newspaper in Education)
Date: Saturday, June 13th, 2009 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Toshihiro Yamanishi
The presenter would say that he has not taught English but taught through English. Through this session he would like to share with the participants various merits of ENIE: English Newspaper in Education. Many kinds of activities of ENIE will be introduced.
Originally from Hokkaido, Toshihiro Yamanishi received his master's degree from Heidelberg University. He has taught English at both public and private high schools, as well as at the tertiary level. He is currently an associate professor at Okayama University. His research areas vary from TESOL, Testing, and Lexicography to ENIE. Yamanishi is the author of several bilingual dictionaries and textbooks for Japanese students.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, Kokura, Kitakyushu
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: