Intertwining content studies with language studies
Date: Saturday, July 25th, 2009 Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Greg Goodmacher and Asako Kajiura
For Nagasaki JALT's sixth meeting of the year, the presenters will demonstrate many activities and materials that they have used in culture content, environmental issues content, and other global issues based-content classes. In addition, attendees will create and adapt their own materials and activities during this practical workshop. There will also be a discussion about balance of content and language, testing, authentic materials and more. Following the meeting, we plan to have a dinner and onsen trip to nearby Ioujima. If you are interested, please contact us as soon as possible. All welcome!
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F (this is the large white building next to Dejima Wharf and Nagasaki Prefectural Art Museum; take #5 streetcar to Shiminbyoinmae stop, or take #1 streetcar to Dejima stop.)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: