Temple University Japan:
TUJ Tokyo Distinguished Lecturer Series (Seminar 2): Teaching, Learning, and Researching Vocabulary
Date: Saturday, June 27th, 2009 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Stuart Webb (Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand)
Today there is a great deal of attention given to vocabulary in the literature on language learning. It is now the norm rather than the exception to find research on vocabulary in most Applied Linguistics journals. The aim of this course is to look at several of the issues in teaching and learning vocabulary that are currently receiving the most attention. We will consider the implications of recent findings for teaching and learning vocabulary, as well as touch on some of the issues which still need to be explored.
The first three hours of each TUJ seminar (Saturday from 2 - 5 p.m.) are free and open to the public. TUJ TESOL alumni are welcome to attend the entire weekend without charge; the weekend auditing fee for others is 12,500 yen
Organization: Temple University Japan
Cost: TUJ Members: free for TUJ TESOL alumni
Non-members: the first three hours are free; weekend fee is 12,500 yen
Venue: Temple University Japan, Tokyo map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Temple University Japan
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-5441-9800