Using 30-Second Ads in the Classroom
Date: Sunday, June 14th, 2009 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Philip McCasland
In this workshop, Philip McCasland will demonstrate how he uses television commercials in many classes. Actual commercials will be used to demonstrate several language and culture-rich activities, which will lead into a discussion on both technology and methodology.
Finally, as the JALT Director of Programs (national), he will report about what is happening at the national level of JALT, especially the upcoming national conference
Organization: Shizuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Shizuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Shizuoka Kyoiku Kaikan, across from the Shin Shizuoka Centre
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Shizuoka JALT
Email QR Code: