(1) Task Analysis; (2) Building Vocabulary
Date: Sunday, July 26th, 2009 Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Simon Weedon; (2) Joseph Siegel
Task Analysis presentation:
Task Analysis is an EFL term for deciding what activities will work with a given class. This presentation aims to provide a simple checklist any teacher can use, and to look at a number of classic classroom activities to see how well they match the classroom environment of the different attendees.
Simon Weedon is the Co-owner of E English School in Oita. He has lived in Japan since 1996 and is an ETJ-Oita Coordinator and Daily Yomiuri columnist.
Attendees will be encouraged to share a vocabulary teaching/building idea during the workshop, to share the educational skills of the various attendees. Feel free to bring along your favorite vocabulary-building activity.
Joseph Siegel is a lecturer at APU Ritsumeikan University where he teaches Fundamental and Intermediate English classes. His teaching interests include listening and vocabulary strategies.
Organization: ETJ Oita (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Oita)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Compal Hall, Oita City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Oita
Email QR Code: