Do teacher beliefs really influence classroom practices?
Date: Saturday, September 26th, 2009 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Takako Nishino
This study investigates Japanese high school teachers' (n=139) beliefs and practices regarding communicative language teaching (CLT). Results show that CLT has not yet been widely used in Japanese high schools despite teachers' positive beliefs about CLT. They also demonstrate that contextual factors and teachers' perceived teaching efficacy influence the teachers' use of CLT.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: On the 4th floor of Nishigawa Ai Plaza Library, 10-16 Saiwai-cho
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: