Engaged Pedagogy Association:
7th Annual Conference of the Engaged Pedagogy Association
Date: Sunday, July 12th, 2009 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Darrell G. Moen, Chiyo Hayashi, Akiko Ebihara, Marie Cosgrove, Yuko Uesugi, Atsuko Tajiri
13:00 - 13:50
Guest Speaker Presentation by Darrell G. Moen, Ph.D
Ethical Responsibility as Educators to Not Pretend to be 'Objective and Value Free': Inculcating a Critical Political Consciousness
1) Q and A Session with Darrell G. Moen
2) Motivating EFL Readers to Read: Effects of Picture Books in College Classrooms by Chiyo Hayashi
3) No textbooks! by Marie Cosgrove
4) Integration of Jitsugaku and Kyoyo Kyoiku at a Junior College by Akiko Ebihara
5) Cogeneration of School and Community: A Case study of Indonesian Art Education by Atsuko Tajiri
6) Japanese Education for Care Workers by Yuko Uesugi
Annual General Meeting
Welcome everyone to the Engaged Pedagogy Association. Our group includes teachers, translators, students and people bring eclectic lifestyles from all over the world. We share a common vision that teaching and learning are constantly interchanging processes, that we can use our study for not just communication but as a tool of resisting illegitimate authority. Borrowing from feminist pedagogue bell hooks, we are teaching in from the margins and will soon meet to define a new middle, a more tolerant, diverse mainstream that flows into the ocean of peace and respect. We are creating a new biocracy and hope all of you will join us in the construction. EPA publishes a journal, The Journal of Engaged Pedagogy and is one of the sponsors of the Peace as a Global Language II Conference. We wish to work together with other groups whose purpose is similar to ours in the interest of raising consciousness, changing educational themes and methods and building a community of practice around our common goals. See you in the discussion room!
Organization: Engaged Pedagogy Association
Cost: EPA Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Diato Bunka Kaikan 4F, Itabashi, Tokyo (5 min walk from Tobu Nerima station on Tobu Tojo Line Tel: 03-5399-7399)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Engaged Pedagogy Association
Email QR Code: