An Integrated Skills Approach to E-Learning Materials Development/ Textbook Writing and Publishing.
Date: Saturday, September 26th, 2009 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Bill Collins, Nagasaki University; Tomoko Maekawa, Nagasaki University
For Nagasaki JALT's seventh meeting of the year, we have two local presenters who are involved with material development. First, Bill Collins of Nagasaki University will model various types of e-learning materials designed to implement an integrated skills approach. He will also explore video recording, story outlines, scripts, and pair conversations as ways to develop four language skills. Next, Tomoko Maekawa, also of Nagasaki University, will explain the whys and the hows of her experience producing a four skill ELT textbook two years ago, and will speak about its usage and results in different kinds of classes at varying levels. All welcome!
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: