Implementing an Effective Program Using English Notebook
Date: Sunday, October 11th, 2009 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Speaker: Laura Blefgen-Togashi and Setsuko Terasaki
Conducting Foreign Language Activity Classes in public elementary schools should include fun, but learning must be happening. It is our job as teachers to provide children with a program that encourages, facilitates and is conducive to language learning. In 2002, in coordination with the local Board of Education in Kunitachi City, the presenter began working at several public elementary schools designing and implementing two programs, "Bamboo Shoots" for grade 5 students and "Dragonflies" for grade 6 students. From this April, the presenter combined these two programs with the Ministry of Education's "English Notebook" and is presently conducting lessons. In this workshop, the presenter will explain and demonstrate how best to conduct lessons effectively using "English Notebook". At the same time, she will present various ways to improve upon specific lessons that will enhance the entire learning process. This workshop will be presented in both English and Japanese.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Sakuragi Kominkan, 5th Fl.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: