Elementary School English Activities: Mutual Benefits of University Students' Teaching Support
Date: Sunday, October 18th, 2009 Time: 1:15 PM - 4:15 PM
Speaker: Yuri Hosoda (Kanagawa Uni.), David Aline (Kanagawa Uni.), Masato Sugimoto and Saori Maekawa (Kanagawa Uni. students), and Seiji Nagumo (Yokohama City Nishiterao Daini Elementary)
This forum is concerned with the supporter system in which university students act as volunteer teachers for English activity classes in elementary schools in Yokohama, and examines the experiences of those supporters both through a longitudinal fine-grained conversation analysis of changes in assessments, and directives; and through the eyes of the volunteers themselves in terms of their perceived roles, learning experiences, application of training. As discussant we are joined by the school principal.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kanagawa University , Building 20, Room 20-109 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: