Is One Two Hard? Teaching 'Sight Words' in a Phonic-based curriculum
Date: Sunday, September 27th, 2009 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Peter Warner
Students learning to read by phonics training still need to deal with common words that are written in difficult ways. This presentation will examine what 'sight words' are, and the presenter will demonstrate on how to help students deal with them in a phonics-based curriculum. Seating is limited to only 32 people, so please make your reservation by September 25th (Fri). Seat reservations will be held until 5 minutes before the start of the workshop at 10:00 a.m. For reservations and directions please visit etjaichi.kweto.com
Organization: ETJ Aichi (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Aichi)
Cost: 500 yen
Venue: Chukyo University, Center Building 4, 3rd Floor Room 43a, near Yagoto Subway Station on the Meijo and Tsurumai Lines, Exit #5
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Aichi
Email QR Code: