English Teaching Workshop:
Onile Workshop Series 4, Basic Grammar for Children 2
Date: Thursday, September 24th, 2009 Time: 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Yuco Kikuchi
Building the concept of singular and plural is very important for Japanese children. Since Japanese language doesn't require matching the subject noun and the verb, it is necessary to distinguish if the subject noun is singular or plural. In this workshop the facilitator will first share fun activities that would reinforce the concept of singular and plural using Halloween vocabulary and then move on to activities using adjectives in sentences to utilize the concept. Participants will also experience step by step activities to teach prepositions to young learners including pre-teens in age appropriate ways.
For online participation you need: 1. PC with Wiindows XP, Windows Vista or MacOS X
2. Broadband circuit; either Fiberoptical cable circuit or ADSL circuit.
3. Windows Media Player Vsesion 10. (download freely from Microsoft Website).
4. Skype (an Internet phone; download freely from www.skype.com/) for virtual interactivity.
5 Hopefully a headset for your better audibility.
You are welcome to share such opportunities with us on site at the venue or online streamed live over the Internet.
Organization: English Teaching Workshop
Cost: English Teaching Workshop Members: 2,000 yen for members who pre-registers
Non-members: Fees: 2,500 yen for non-member, online participants and onsite registration.
Venue: chiyoda Building 1F Address: 2-37 Ichigaya Tamachi, Shinjuku-ku
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact English Teaching Workshop
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 043-251-0027