The functional literacy theory and the contextual learning theory as applied to English language learning
Date: Sunday, November 15th, 2009 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: April Mella-Alcazar
The presenter, the 2009 Balsamo Asian Scholar, will kick off her participation in the Four Corners Tour by discussing these theories with regard to her own language learning (English and Japanese) as well as her work advocating for better English language teaching in her native Philippines. This will be followed by two short presentations by local speakers.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Tenjinyama Bunka Plaza
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: