Research Group for Teaching Conversation in Japan:
9th Immediate Method Autumn Workshop (Tokyo)
Date: Sunday, November 1st, 2009 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Speaker: Stephen Richmond, Kathleen Riley, Bruno Vannieu
The Immediate Method is a simple and powerful conversation classroom management technique that was created in Japan in response to several challenging situations: (1) large classes; (2) low levels of language ability and motivation, and (3) the reticent classroom behavior of Japanese learners. Its primary objective is to have the students learn to speak in two way, real time communication; in short, to take part in conversations. Born in the context of university level French conversation classes, it has been successfully applied to conversation teaching in English, German and Japanese at various levels. The Immediate Method Autumn Workshop is an annual event that brings together foreign language teachers from all over Japan to learn and exchange ideas about conversation teaching. Download the program and access map (PDF).
Organization: Research Group for Teaching Conversation in Japan
Venue: Tamagawa University, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Research Group for Teaching Conversation in Japan
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 075-771-7039