Functional literacy and contextual learning theories applied to English language learning
Date: Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: April Alcazar, the Balsamo Asian Scholar/Four Corners national tour guest presenter
For our ninth meeting of the year, we are very pleased to welcome April Alcazar, our special guest presenter. She is the Teachers Helping Teachers co-ordinator in The Philippines, and is Adjunct Professor at the Asian Institute of Management. For more information on her topic, please see our chapter websites and Facebook Group site, or see her article in the July TLT (pp. 32-34) and a profile about her in the September TLT (pp. 28-29) Nagasaki JALT has contributed to the funding for her tour. Postscript: we are holding chapter executive elections for 2010 from 11/8-11/18, and winners will be announced at this Wednesday evening meeting. All welcome!
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: