A Review of the Eigo Noto Curriculum for Elementary School English
Date: Sunday, October 18th, 2009 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Jun Magno
By 2011, all elementary schools in Japan will be teaching English using the Eigo Noto, a 2-level set of textbooks created by Japan Ministry of Education. Come find out what students will be learning, and if it really is going to prepare students for JHS English in Japan. How will this impact teachers of children in the Eikaiwa industry? Are we offering anything better than what the public schools are offering?As eikaiwa teachers, what should we be teaching our students to prepare them for their academic careers in the Japanese school system? Round-circle discussion. Sample lesson handout. Share your thoughts.
Organization: ETJ Niigata (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Niigata)
Cost: 500 yen
Venue: Niigata Bandai Shimin Kaikan, Address: 9-1 Higashi Bandai-cho, Niigata City Tel: 025-246-7711
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Niigata
Email QR Code: