Teaching for the TOEIC
Date: Saturday, November 14th, 2009 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Kimiko Murata and Kristen Sullivan
In this TOEIC themed meeting, two teachers will introduce two different approaches they have used to teach "for the TOEIC test". Kimiko Murata will talk about how she has successfully helped students to improve their TOEIC scores through helping them become more exam-wise. Kristen Sullivan will demonstrate how she has used TOEIC preparation materials to teach students how to produce business writing genres which commonly appear in the TOEIC reading section. The meeting will conclude with an informal discussion on teaching for the TOEIC and the position of TOEIC in Japanese universities.
Kimiko Murata has worked as a part-time lecturer of English at Kitakyushu City University and Shimonoseki City University for 10 years, and at Seinan Jo Gakuin University for 4 years. She teaches TOEIC classes at both Kitakyushu City University and Seinan Jo Gakuin University.
Kristen Sullivan is a lecturer at Shimonoseki City University where she teaches Academic English, TOEFL preparation, Composition and Oral Communication. She is co-writer of the recently released Oral Communication textbook Impact Conversation, published by Pearson/Longman.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: 3rd floor of the Kitakyushu International Conference Centre, Kokura http://kitakyu-cb.jp/
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: