The Red Oni Cried (Naita Aka Oni) and Tsuchigami to Kitsune
Date: Saturday, November 21st, 2009 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Nagoya Players
Two timeless classics to appeal to the young and young at heart: The Red Oni Cried by Hirosuke Hamada Tsuchigami to Kitsune by Kenji Miyazawa The first presented in English, the second in Japanese with subtitles provided for both shows. The Red Oni Cried (Naita Aka Oni) by Hamada Hirosuke in 1933, is one of the first Japanese stories to treat an Oni as an alienated being and describes his effort to communicate with human beings. This is Yoshida's second time in the director's chair; her directorial debut was the very successful production of The Vagina Monologues. Alan Thompson, the director of the Miyazawa Kenji's Tsuchigami to Kitsune, has been with the Players for many years as director, actor, etc. In his own words: Tsuchigami to Kitsune is my favourite Miyazawa Kenji story and probably one of the best stories I've encountered. The play shows a Japan that is at once traditional and modernizing.
Saturday, 21st November 2009, 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM
Sunday, 22nd November 2009, 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM
Organization: Nagoya Players
Cost: Adults 2,500 yen/3,000yen Students 1,800 yen/2000
Venue: Aichi Arts Center Mini Theater, Sakae
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya Players
Email QR Code: