Functional Literacy and Contextual Learning Theories
Date: Saturday, November 28th, 2009 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: April Amihan Alcazar, Bill Balsamo 2009 Asian Scholar
The paper explores the application of two learning theories, functional literacy theory and contextual learning theory, as applied to English language learning in Japan. Citing empirical research on using these two theories and discussing how it will assist in professional teacher development, the author concludes that these theories can help English language teachers achieve their objectives in teaching English courses that are relevant, current, and interesting to students.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA (2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe. tel: 078-241-7204) 3rd Floor
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: