An Evening with Scott Thornbury - My ten favourite grammar lessons
Date: Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 Time: 6:15 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Scott Thornbury
It's been my privilege - as a teacher trainer, examiner and former director of studies – to observe some really memorable classes. Let me a share a few of these with you, and let's see if we can draw up some principles for good grammar teaching.
Scott Thornbury is Associate Professor on the MA TESOL program at the New School in New York, and has an MA (TEFL) from the University of Reading. He has taught and trained in a wide range of contexts, including the School for International Training in Brattleboro, Vermont. He has written extensively on areas of language and methodology, his most recent books being Conversation: From Description to Pedagogy (with Diana Slade, CUP) and The CELTA Course (with Peter Watkins, CUP) . He is currently the series editor of the Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers (CUP). He divides his time between New York and Barcelona.
This presentation is cosponsored by Cambridge University Press. Lecture from 6:15-7:15, followed by wine social until 8:00 pm.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free (co sponsored by Cambridge University Press)
Venue: Shoin Women's University - Kosaka campus
Location: Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: