Eureka! Finding a direction forward with research planning
Date: Sunday, January 10th, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Speaker: Andy Boon
In this workshop, Andy Boon will provide an overview of how to form and develop lines of inquiry when researching one's own teaching context. Participants will be encouraged to formulate or bring along research questions to work on. They will then be introduced to Cooperative Development (Edge, 1992) and Instant Messenger Cooperative Development (Boon, 2005, 2007, 2009), a non-evaluative interactional framework for supporting peer reflection, exploration and expansion of ideas and discovery. Through undertaking a Cooperative Development session with someone who is willing to listen and reflect back a participant's emerging thoughts, it is hoped that workshop members will go away with a much clearer and solid understanding of their individual research plans and how they would like to proceed with them.
Andy Boon is Associate Professor at Toyo Gakuen University and an Aston University PhD student. He has published articles on teacher development, motivation and methodology.
*Students (with valid student card) and current JET participants will be admitted FREE
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Sakuragi Kominkan, 5th Fl
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: