Task Sequencing and Student Motivation
Date: Sunday, December 20th, 2009 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: John Gunning
John Gunning will briefly introduce tasks related to motivational theory based on Pintrich and De Groot, before taking participants through a receptive listening lesson focusing on task sequences and their effect on student learning/motivation. An action research project will provide evidence of how task sequences improved student motivation. Participants will discuss how teachers and educators can improve student motivation in their own teaching situations.
Following this presentation, everyone is invited to attend Toyohashi JALT 's annual bonenkai at the restaurant Rosiere at the Associa Hotel. It is 5000 yen. Please contact Mr. Shiga by December 15th if you wish to attend.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Aichi University, Building five, room 543
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299