The 9th Annual JALT Pan-SIG Conference 2010 - Learner Perspectives
Date: Saturday, May 22nd, 2010 Time: Time TBA
Speaker: Call for papers deadline is Feb 15, 2010
The organizing committee of the JALT Pan-SIG Conference invites all interested applied linguistic researchers to submit presentation proposals for the 9th Annual Pan-SIG Conference, which will be held on Saturday and Sunday, May 22 and 23, 2010 at Osaka Gakuin University.
This conference is co-sponsored by the Kyoto Chapter of the Japan Association of Teaching (JALT) and by the following Special Interest Groups (SIGs) of JALT:
* Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL),
* Extensive Reading (ER),
* Framework and Language Portfolio (FLP),
* Global Issues in Language Education (GILE),
* Japanese as a Second Language (JSL),
* Lifelong Language Learning (LLL),
* Other Language Educators (OLE),
* Pragmatics (PRAG),
* Study Abroad (SA),
* Teacher Education (TEd),
* Testing and Evaluation (TEVAL).
Research in any area of applied linguistics will be welcome. Two types of proposals will be considered:
1. Reports on completed research
2. Works in progress (including completed research design and/or data collection)
Presentations will be 45 minutes in length (including 10 minutes for questions and answers). Preference will be given to those submissions that fit the theme of the conference and/or general interests of the SIG to which the submission is being made. In particular, presenters that actually incorporate learners (or their voices /images/videos) are highly encouraged to submit!
(1) a 50-word summary,
(2) a 150-word abstract, and
(3) personal information (name, affiliation, contact details)
No later than February 15, 2010
The subject line should read: Submission for (XX) where "XX" is the abbreviated form of the SIG. i.e. (Submission for SA)
All proposals should be sent as an attachment; either as
a) Microsoft Word document (.doc) or
b) Rich Text File (.rtf) file format.
Submissions made in any other form will not be accepted.
Proposals for workshops (120 minutes) and poster sessions are also invited.
Organization: JALT PanSIG Conference (PanSIG Conference)
Venue: Osaka Gakuin University, Suita City, Osaka
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact PanSIG Conference
Email QR Code: