JALT International Conference:
JALT 2010: Pre-Conference Technology in Teaching (TnT) Workshops
Date: Friday, November 19th, 2010 Time: 1:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Speaker: Forrest Nelson, Jeff Durand, Bob Gettings, Daniel Beck, Joseph Tomei, Sylvan Payne, Paul Daniels, Todd Rucynski, Mark Shrosbree, Charlie Robertson, Paul Collett, Bill Pellowe, Kevin Ryan
JALT will hold its 36th Annual International Conference on Language Teaching and Learning and Educational Materials Exposition from November 19-22 at the Aichi Industry and Labor Center www.winc-aichi.jp in Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture, Japan. The theme of this year's conference is Creativity: Think Outside the Box.
The first day of the conference (Nov 19) consists of Technology in Teaching Workshops and an evening reception party. The regular conference begins Nov. 20th.
1. Forrest Nelson: Managing student video quickly and easily
2. Jeff Durand: Course Management and Excel
3. Bob Gettings: An introduction to the Moodle course management ystem
3:00 - 4:30 pm
4. Daniel Beck: iPads, iPhones & Google for teaching and class management
5. Joseph Tomei and Sylvan Payne: QuickTime Pro and video for teachers
6. Paul Daniels: Multimedia and Moodle
5:00 - 6:30 pm
7. Todd Rucynski: Lights, camera, action: going pro on a budget
8. Mark Shrosbree: Computer Skills for Language Teachers: Tips, Tricks and Techniques
9. Charlie Robertson: Video slideshow writing projects
10. Paul Collett: Getting online content to your students
11. Bill Pellowe: Quiz and survey system for mobile devices
12. Kevin Ryan: Building a PLE (Personal Learning Environment) for yourself and your students
For full descriptions of these workshops, see the Technology in Teachingpage on the JALT 2010 site.
Organization: The Annual International Conference of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (JALT International Conference)
Cost: JALT Members: 3,000 yen for the TnT workshops
Non-members: 4,000 yen for the TnT workshops
Venue: Aichi Industry and Labor Center, Nagoya, Aichi
Location: Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact JALT International Conference
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3837-1630
Email QR Code: