Drama in the Classroom
Date: Sunday, January 24th, 2010 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Jeffrey Scott
Classroom language learning revolves around repetition of set dialogue patterns that are often mundane, performed mechanically, and therefore quite boring. Actors struggle with similar difficulties, and this workshop introduces some methods from the actor's rehearsal processs which teachers can borrow to bring those daily conversation activities to life, filling them with meaning and expression.
Also... Please come with one or two of your best classroom activities in mind. At the end of the workshop we'd like everyone to share a few ideas to get us all started off to a powerful start in 2010!
Organization: ETJ Aichi (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Aichi)
Cost: 500 yen
Venue: Chukyo University (Nagoya), Room 604
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Aichi
Email QR Code: