Extensive Reading, Public Speaking, TOEIC, and more
Date: Sunday, January 17th, 2010 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: John Letcher (Cambridge University Press) and Marcos Benevides (ABAX)
Speakers from two major ELT publishers will visit Hiroshima JALT. Both John Letcher and Marcos Benevides are known to be exciting speakers, and the presentations will be free to all.
First, Mr. Letcher will speak about Three Answers to Three Questions:
1) Have you got anything for TOEIC?
2) Have you got any public speaking books? and
3) What range of graded readers do you have?
Next, Professor Benevides of Kansai Gaidai University will lead a talk entitled A Task-Based Approach to Narrow Reading. His new book, Fiction in Action: Whodunit, is an intriguing detective story. Students engage in authentic tasks, making the reading very enjoyable.
The publishers will also have their best books on display. There will be games and prizes! For more information, call 082-224-3816
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Venue: Hiroshima Peace Park 3f Conference Room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: