Writing a graded reader
Date: Sunday, February 14th, 2010 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Rob Waring
In this presentation, Rob Waring will focus on the process of writing a graded reader. He will look at the story formation stage by identifying story plot and development, and showing key elements that should or should not be in place for a good story to be told. Then Waring will look at how a graded reader syllabus is created by investigating in detail how words are selected and grammar syllabuses selected. Following this, the presenter will show how to put it together to write motivating graded reading materials.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Tenjinyama Bunka Plaza map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: