Task-based learning in a themed context
Date: Saturday, January 16th, 2010 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Marcos Benevides
Task-based language teaching (TBLT) represents the evolution of communicative language teaching into a more structured performance-based approach. Gone is the day when anything-goes "free conversation" passed for language teaching; instead, TBLT's emphasis on achieving clear, quantifiable, authentic goals allows students to gauge their strengths and weaknesses in meaningful ways, boosting motivation and the possibility for a sustained virtuous cycle of language learning.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Okayama Chuo-kominkan map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: