(1) Teaching English Verbs; (2) The Silent Way
Date: Sunday, February 14th, 2010 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Tomoaki Iguchi (Kwansei Gukuin University); (2) Don Cherry (Hiroshima Kokusai University)
During the first hour, Tomoaki Iguchi will explain about the nature of English verbs such as go, come, take, and give. These verbs have multiple means and are difficult for Japanese learners of English, but can be taught effectively. Iguchi has been a teacher in senior high schools for almost 20 years.
During the second hour, Don Cherry will demonstrate some teaching techniques inspired by the infamous Silent Way teaching approach. The effective uses of gestures and other visual cues are vital in the approach.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Hiroshima Peace Park 3f Conference Room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: