Features of Spoken Language: Mining Authentic Interview Data
Date: Sunday, February 14th, 2010 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: Darren Lingley, Kochi University
Darren Lingley will demonstrate how interview programs can be used to help students cope with the complex features of spoken language. Interview data allows us to focus unidirectionally on features of interactional speech. Participants will work with language samples to describe and transcribe language used in real communication. Suggestions for effective classroom use of authentic spoken language will be provided.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211