Stirring the Senses: Reflective Portfolios and Online Assessments
Date: Sunday, January 24th, 2010 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Suzanne Bonn Miyake, Nanzan University
In this workshop, participants will learn how portfolios allow for reflection on learning & provide an alternative to standard methods of evaluation. In addition, online sources which aid in student assessment will be introduced. Participants will gain a greater understanding of the varied assessments available to them through activities & materials, & are encouraged to reflect on their own contexts.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center, 3F, Lecture Room 2
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526