From Curiosity to Competency: Intercultural Activities for the EFL Classroom
Date: Saturday, February 20th, 2010 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Jon Dujmovich
Educators often speak of using activities appropriate for each language learning stage. However, when incorporating "cultural elements" into lessons, there is usually little consideration of the learners' developmental stage of intercultural learning. Consequently, ill-matched activities can reaffirm or deepen cultural misunderstandings, with questionable growth in intercultural competency. This workshop will demonstrate incorporating activities according to the learners' intercultural developmental stage, age, and language ability, and how to adjust the activities for learning stage appropriateness.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen - first time visitors are free - please bring a friend or colleague
Venue: TO BE CONFIRMED - Next to Gifu JR Station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: