Teaching English through Games and Storytelling: Activities for Cross Cultural Understanding
Date: Sunday, January 17th, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Kumiko Ota
This workshop, led by Kumiko Ota, will demonstrate how to use a variety of successful games and storytelling techniques that will help young children use English to broaden their perspective of cultures from around the world.
Sendai ETJ is meeting in Tome City this month in an attempt to fulfill our goal to reach out to local teachers in need of successful ideas for their classroom. Teachers living in the Tome City area are encouraged to join and help Sendai ETJ continue to grow. Please contact Mike as soon as possible if you are interested in attending the meeting.
Some of us are planning to take the highway bus (which leaves from Hirose-dori at 12:15 see schedule). If you are driving, perhaps we can arrange a carpool of some sort!
Organization: ETJ Sendai (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Sendai)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Sho Hall, Tome Shukusai Gekijo (Mizunosato Hall), Sanuma
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Sendai
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 080-3273-2206