Effective Four Skills EFL
Date: Sunday, February 28th, 2010 Time: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Peter Warner
Understanding is power - for the teacher and the student. Come to this 4-hour intensive workshop for an explanation and demonstration of clear, logical methods and activities to teach the four skills of English, with special focus on reading and writing. Effective lessons produce students who can use the language with accuracy and confidence.
Doors open at 9:30. Lunch break from 12:00-1:00.
Speaker Bio: Peter Warner (1953 USA) has been teaching EFL to students of all ages in Nagoya, Japan six days a week since 1991. Fortunately, he enjoys it. His main interest is in applying Linguistic Phonics to teaching reading and writing, and developing effective materials for teaching Japanese students. Some of his work can be seen online at tinyurl.com/y24gu3
Organization: Power Seminars
Cost: 6,000 yen per person; bring a friend and get 1,000 yen off
Venue: City Takagi Building, 2F. From Ueda Station (Tsurumai Line), turn right at Exit 3, walk 2 min. (map (pdf)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Power Seminars
Email QR Code: